Interpretation & Definitions
- “FIT” means Free Independent Traveller of any one (1) or more individual travellers who purchase at least two (2) components of a package tour, either in transport (including but not limited to air, sea, train, bus and car) and/ or ground arrangement (including but not limited to airport- hotel transfer, accommodations and tours.
- “Domestic Tour” means any tour within Malaysia and Singapore.
- GIT means Group Inclusive Tour (group series) means a regular tour package offered by AL MASYHUR TRAVEL of minimum one (1) departure per month to one (1) destination and with a minimum number of fifteen (15) travelers or less.
- “Package Price” refers to price payable in cash (including but not limited to cheque and telegraphic transfers) and does not include merchant fee chargeable by bank for payments through credit card.
- “AMI” refers to AL MASYHUR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL & TOURS SDN BHD.
Free Independent Traveller (FIT)
Request for quotations:-
- Request by Traveller must be submitted in written form of formal form and/ or e- mail duly transmitted and received by AMI.
- In the event the Traveller would like to make any changes to the itinerary proposed by AMI, the Traveller must submit in writing vide formal letter and/ or e- mail duly transmitted and received by AMI within five (5) working days, subject to the ticketing guidelines as advised by AMI in the quotation.
- AMI shall not be responsible if request, changes or confirmation is not received by AMI.
Any request by Traveller for subsequent changes is only allowed up to three (3) times, however AMI reserves the right to refuse the request at any time in the event of non- availability.
Group Inclusive Tour (GIT)
Traveller is required to provide proof that payment of deposit has been made to AMI. Only upon AMI’s satisfaction that the payments have been remitted into AMI’s account then only AMI will proceed to do the reservations. Failure by Traveller to do so will render AMI the right not to proceed with reservations and/ or cancel the reservation.
FIT Tour Packages
FIT Tour Package including airline ticket
- Upon registration and confirmation of airline ticket request, Traveller must remit full payment for airline ticket according to the dateline as advised by the person- in- charge in AMI Travel & Tours.
- For ground and other payments, Traveller must remit deposit (a 100 % non-refundable) of 35% from the package price (excluding airline ticket) within three (3) days after registration or according to the dateline advised by person- in- charge in AMI Travel & Tours. Balance payment must be made thirty (45) days prior to departure date or according to the dateline as advised by the person- in- charge in AMI Travel & Tours.
Ground Tour Packages only
- Traveller must remit deposit (a 100 % non-refundable) of 35% from the package price within three (3) days after confirmation by AMI Travel & Tours.
- Balance payment must be made thirty (30) days prior to departure date or according to the dateline as advised by the person- in- charge in AMI Travel & Tours.
For Group Series Departure Tour Packages
Upon registration, Traveller must remit to AMI Travel & Tours the deposit and balance payment in the following manner:
- Payment of deposit during registration
- For Domestic Tour – deposit (a 100 % non-refundable) of 30% from the package price or as advised by AMI Travel & Tours;
- For Outbound Tour – deposit (a 100 % non-refundable) of 50% from the package price or as advised by AMI Travel & Tours;
- The balance of payment MUST be made by the Traveller no later than forty five (45) days before the date of departure for Group Series Departure tour package or according to the dateline as advised by the person- in- charge in AMI Travel & Tours.
- Where Traveller places a booking by filling up the Registration Form
- The Traveller must furnish to AMI proof of payment(s) made in order for AMI Travel & Tours to proceed with confirmation of bookings.
Where Traveller request for Visa application only, he or she is required to fill up the relevant visa forms and to provide all the required documents to AMI Travel & Tours.
Failure to comply with the requirements above may result in the cancellation of reservation and forfeiture of deposit by AMI Travel & Tours.
Payment can be made in cash at the office, or through bank transfer:
Account No. : 8602 216356
Account Name : Al Masyhur International Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd
Changes Policy (Traveler)
For FIT Tour Package
Upon confirmation of the tour and where payment have been made, any request by Traveller to make subsequent changes to the reservation is subject to AMI’s approval and an amendment charge of RM 50.00 per person per change. AMI have the absolute discretion to approve or refuse the request.
- In the event AMI declines the request and the Traveller cancels the tour, Traveller is subjected to the cancellation charges referred in Clause 1.
- Where AMI approves the Traveller’s request, the additional cost due to the changes shall be borne by the Traveller
For Group Series Departure Tour Packages
- Upon confirmation of the tour no changes can be made to the reservation within forty five (45) working days before the date of the departure subject always to the discretion of
- However, any request from Traveller for any change to come back earlier or later than the group must be made in writing letter to AMI and will be subject to the conditions of the respective airlines. Traveller acknowledges that Traveller may incur additional charges due to this reques
- Changing the entire reservation constitutes a cancellation of the original reservation.
- For change of destination and date of travel request by Traveller more than forty five (45) days prior to the date of the departure, AMI has the discretion to accept or refuse the request where AMI is dependent on airline’s and supplier’s terms and conditions. Where AMI accepts the request, this request can only be made once. Amount and method of payment will change accordingly to the new package tour.
- Where AMI accepts Traveller’s request for changes, an administration fee up to maximum amount of RM 200 will be chargeable by AMI to Traveller.
Request for Early Return or Extension of Stay
Traveller may request to extend or reduce his or her stay, however subject to the followings:
- Must be in written request through letter or e- mail to AMI.
- AMI have full discretion to accept and refuse the request; and
- Is subject to any surcharges or additional charges by airlines and overseas ground suppliers.
Request for Deviation or Stop Over
Travellers may request for Deviation or Stop Over, however subject to the followings:
- Must be in written request to AMI.
- Traveller shall bear all cost incurred.
- AMI is not obliged to secure any accommodation and/ or any ground arrangement and shall not be responsible of Traveller is unable to secure on his/ her own.
- AMI have full discretion to accept and refuse the request.
Where there is any:-
- Flight delay, re- scheduling or cancellation of flight by airlines;
- Cancellation or refusal of service by tour operators beyond AMI’s control; and
- Any other changes after departure.
Resulting to sightseeing tours, hotels and route to be changed, additional cost to airport tax and fuel surcharge or any other changes, AMI shall not be held responsible for the changes or cancellation and towards purchased domestic flights or any other unused services by the passengers that might been affected by the alteration, whom purchased it without consent and final validation from the company at the first place (refer to Clause 7)
Cancellation Policy (Traveller)
For FIT Tour Packages
- Cancellation of reservation must be made in writing to avoid any misunderstandin If AMI receives notice to cancel thirty (30) days or more before the date of the departure, a minimum administrative fee of RM50.00 per person will be levied.
- If notice of the cancellation is received twenty nine (29) days or less before the date of departure the following charges will apply as shown in table below.
- The respective airline’s policy shall apply in addition to the cancellation charges as set out in the clause.5. (2) (Note: The airline ticket is restricted and subject to the Airline’s Terms and Conditions. It may be non-endorseable, non-reissueable, non-refundable and non-rerouteable. Any alteration in routing or change in the date of travel by any passenger is solely at his own risk. AMI or its associated agents shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused and extra expenses incurred).
- Eligible refund request will be processed within minimum of sixty (60) days depending on the involved suppliers’ compliances and commitment.
For Group Series Departure Tour Packages
- Cancellation of booking must be made in writing to avoid any misunderstandin If the company receives notice to cancel forty five (45) days or more before the date of departure, a minimum administrative fee of RM200.00 per person will be levied.
- If notice of the cancellation is received 44 days or less before the date of departure the following charges will apply as shown in table below.
- The respective airline’s cancellation policy shall apply in addition to the cancellation charges set out in Clause 5.2b (Note: The airline ticket is restricted and subject to the Airline’s Terms and Conditions. It may be non-endorseable, non-reissuable, non-refundable, and non-reroutable. Any alteration in routing or change of date of travel by Traveller is solely at his own risk. AMI or its associated agents shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused and extra expenses incurred).
- Eligible refund request will be processed within minimum of sixty (60) days depending on the involved suppliers’ compliances and commitment.
45 days or more from travelling dates
30 – 44 days from travelling dates
50% from package price
30 days from travelling dates
100% from package price
- Booking cancellation from the participant should be done through email or letter and must be sent to Al Masyhur International Travel & Tours for avoiding any misunderstanding
Cancellation Policy (AMI Travel & Tours)
FIT Tour Package
- AMI reserves the right to cancel the tour due to an event of Force Majeure. Force Majeure will mean any event or condition, not reasonable within the control of either party, including, without limitation, acts of State or governmental action, riots, disturbance, war strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, epidemics, fire, flood hurricane, typhoon earthquake, lightning and e
- AMI shall recommend alternative tours preferable to the same destination or other tours. Should any traveller decide not to accept the alternative tours, all moneys paid will be refunded to the traveller.
Group Series Departure Tour Packages
- AMI reserves the right to cancel the tour due to an event of Force Majeure. Force Majeure will mean any event or condition, not reasonable within the control of either party, including, without limitation, acts of State or governmental action, riots, disturbance, war strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, epidemics, fire, flood hurricane, typhoon earthquake, lightning and explosion. AMI shall recommend alternative tours preferably the same destination or other tours. Should any tra veller decide not to accept the alternative tours, all moneys paid will be refunded to the traveller.
- In the event of insufficient passengers or inability to secure seats or accommodation:
- AMI may advise traveller to change to private tour and the cost will commensurate accordingly to this change. This is always subject to the availability of the number of seats and accommodation. AMI is in no way under strict obligation to provide such service in the event there is no available seat and accommodation, or
- The Traveller may cancel the reservation and AMI will refund the amount of money paid.
No refund or reduction will be made to any member in respect of airfare, accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services which are included in the tour fare our not utilized by the tour member due to personal reasons. Changes & cancellation policy is provided
- Traveller must have an international passport or other recognized travel documents valid for at least six (6) months from the date of return to country of origin and least three (3) months from the date of return to country for domestic tours.
- Traveller is required to hand over his or her international passport copy via fax, email or post at least thirty (30) days before the date of departure. For some countries which require the original passport to obtain the visa, Traveller shall hand over personally the original passport a minimum of thirty (30) days before departure; and responsible to notify or inform AMI’s Customer Service representative during the hand over process should they need the original passport (for other usage) before the day or departure. AMI discourages posting through normal post of passport to AMI and therefore shall not be responsible for the loss of passport if Traveller decides to post to
- AMI shall in no circumstances be responsible for rejection of visa approval due to Traveller’s failure to hand over the passport and other required documents by the date as advised by AMI.
- Traveller must ensure they have necessary visa and vaccination and health certificates as required by the various authorities of the countries to be visited.
- For Traveller who require to purchase domestic flights from their origin to the departure airport, namely Kuala Lumpur International Airport, he/she is advised to seek for advice from AMI by contacting AMI’s Customer Service representative by direct calling or e- mail before proceeding with the procurement toavoid any detriment of unused service in case or any alteration of flight route which in any event AMI service will not be liable due to this failure by PTT.
- Traveller is responsible to ensure on his/ her safekeeping of passport during travel. AMI shall not be liable in the event he/she losses the passport to any reason whatsoever during travel.
- Traveller must ensure that he/she is in good health to travel and join the tour and must not be of unsound mind.
- Traveller must abide and not breach any laws or regulations during travelling.
- AMI shall not be held responsible or liable for any expenses, reimbursement or refund of tour prices if Traveller is refused entry or deported by immigration authorities resulting from the possession of unlawful items or holding improper travel documents or other causes (including but not limited due to health reasons and or unsound mind), or behaviour and activities considered to be detrimental by foreign government.
AMI’s Rights and Responsibilities
- AMI will advise Travellers on what documentation is require
- Wherever possible, AMI will assist Traveller in obtaining the necessary visa. AMI however does not guarantee the approval of any visa application. Please refer to Clause 13 on rejection of visa by Embass
- AMI acts only as agent for the transportation companies, hotel, contractors and other principles. Vouchers and documents are issued subject to those terms and conditions under which services are provide
- Travellers who participate in any AMI’s tour shall be at his/ her own risk. AMI and or its associated agents shall not be held liable to any person as a result of the following:
- Inaccuracy, misdescription or changes to any tour and its itinerary;
- Additional expenses due to delays or changes in any transport services, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other causes;
- Extension of stay- flight arrangements that cannot be confirmed;
- Any damage or loss of baggage or other personal effects or accidents. It is the responsibilities of the traveller to buy travel insurance (refer to Clause 13);
- Deportation or refusal entry of traveller by Immigration Authorities due to possession of unlawful items or holding improper travel documents or any other reasons.
- AMI is deemed to have complied with the total delivery of the tour program even when the departure time of Day 1 is around and slightly before midnight provided the night stay and the sightseeing contents stated in the itinerary are fulfille
- AMI has the responsibility in ensuring the smoothness and enjoyment of the tour. Therefore AMI’s appointed Tour Leader(s) have the right to deal accordingly with difficult and uncooperative tour members whose act and conducts are unreasonable and detrimental to the enjoyment, interest, well- being and safety of other tour members. The Tour Leader(s) may require the difficult tour member to leave the tour and his/ her decision will be final and conclusive. AMI shall not refund any uncompleted part of the tour.
- AMI reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any itinerary, or any reservation made for the Traveller or decline to accept or retain any person from being a tour member if he/ she is found to be of unsound mind (refer to Clause 7.2 (F)) or is likely to endanger the health or safety, or impair the comfort or enjoyment of other reason any carrier hotel or other contractor refuses to allow any participant to participate in the tours.
- It is the Traveller’s full responsibility to ensure the he/ she is in good health condition and fit to travel (refer to Clause 7.2(f)). AMI is not responsible to provide any requirement whatsoever to disabled or handicapped individuals (including but not limited to sight, speech, hearing and mobility disabilities) and to any individuals suffering from any medical conditions (including both physical and mental). AMI strongly recommends that Travellers equip themselves with special care and needs they require. AMI shall not be liable for any medical expenses or any other expenses due to failure by Traveller in ensuring this requirement.
Tour Information and Prices
- Prices shown are current at the time of publication which payment method is in cash (including but not limited to cheque and telegraphic transfers). Tour information and the price list form part of the brochure. The prices are subject to change due to increase in airfares, other transportation costs, hotel taxes, exchange rates, government tax, etc. therefore AMI reserves the right to increase prices where AMI will inform the Traveller accordingly before the departure of the tour.
- The company covenants for the following to be included in tour fare:-
- Return air ticket, not including all airport taxes and whatever applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation, based on:-
- Twin sharing basic (2 persons to a room);
- Single supplement (person staying alone – the person concerned must pay the single supplement); and
- Triple sharing (3 persons travelling together). For a group of three (3) persons, accommodatio n is based on double with additional bed or triple sharing basis where applicable. The child tour fare advertised is based on a child who is two (2) years but not more than twelve (12) years of age, sharing twin room with two (2) adults, whereas infant fare is based on a child who is less than two (2) years from the date of departure.
- All meals, sightseeing and other items as specified in the itinerary.
- Items not included in the tour fare are:-
- Food and beverage not in regular menu;
- Optional excursions;
- Porterage at airport and hotels;
- All items of a personal nature;
- Medical expenses;
- Travelling expenses or any other expenses due to death or illness;
- Any expenses incurred by Traveller arising from airline’s instruction to off- load the Traveller due to any reason whatsoever.
- Personal expenses
Free airline baggage allowance is provided by the airlines and the quantum and conditions may differ from one airline to another and from one airport authority to another. The same applies for hand- carried baggage aboard the aircraft. AMI will advise Travellers on the conditions and Traveller must adhere to the airline’s condition. AMI shall not be responsible for any cost incurred due to non- adherence by Traveller on the luggage requirement.
- Travellers are encouraged to buy travel insurance to safeguard themselves against sickness or death, loss of money, cancellation of flight, flight delays or lost baggage.
- AMI shall not liable for any losses or expenses incurred by the Traveller due to his/ her refusal in purchasing the travel insurance. Full liability is to be borne by Traveller.
- Traveller will keep AMI indemnified against any expenses, losses or damages borne by AMI in assisting Traveller arising to any failure by Traveller to purchase travelling insurance.
Application Of Visa
- In the event that the visa application is rejected by the embassy AMI will offer to the Traveller options of other tour and if the Traveller decides not to take up the option, the reservation will then be deemed cancelled and is subject to cancellation charges in Clause 5.1 and 5.2
- The Traveller will also be required to pay any charges including but not limited to charges by the embassy arising from its terms and conditions, processing fee, visa fee, administrative fee and/ or any other relevant payment.
- AMI does not accept visa application by non- resident. However if the consulate or embassy allows for the application to be made by travel agency, AMI then may accept the application. Any additional charges related to this application shall be borne by the applicant.
Third Party Usage Of AMI Travel's Name
AMI shall not be responsible towards any claim by any party or Traveller who purchases tour package from other travel agent using AMI’s name without AMI’s authorization.
AMI reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time.
Note: AMI reserved the right to publish or print any photographic materials which taken during the tour for commercial use.
This privacy notice for personal data (“Privacy Notice”) is issued to all customers of Al Masyhur International Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”), pursuant to the statutory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
It is necessary for us to collect and process your personal data. If you do not provide us with your personal data, or do not consent to this Privacy Notice, we will not be able to effectively provide products and/or services to you or process your personal data for any of the Purposes, if at all.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. You have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of and request to update or correct, your personal data held by us. You also have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes), subject to our right to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Your written requests or queries should be addressed to:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Address: No. 1-2F, Lot 90, Kajang Waterfront, Bandar Kajang, 43000, Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Contact No.: 010-9243404
Email Address: [email protected]
If we do not hear from you within the next fourteen (14) days from the date of issuance of this Privacy Notice, we will take it that you have consented to us continuing to process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and we will also take it that all personal data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your personal data.
To the extent that you have provided (or will provide) personal data about your family members, spouse, other dependents (if you are an individual), directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents (if you are a corporate entity/an organisation) and/or other individuals, you confirm that you have explained (or will explain) to them that their personal data will be provided to, and processed by, us and you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
In respect of minors (i.e. individuals under 18 years of age) or individuals not legally competent to give consent, you confirm that you are the parent or guardian or person who has parental responsibility over them or the person appointed by court to manage their affairs or that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent on their behalf to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
In accordance with Section 7(3) of the PDPA, this Privacy Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.
Updated on 01 April 2022